After exploring Notre Dame and our brief stop at the Louvre we headed home to get ready for a night out at Le Ciel de Paris – a restaurant atop the Montparnasse Tower with a fantastic view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower. This time we managed to grab an Uber to fit all 5… Read more →
Jen has a longstanding relationship with the country of France – having participated in a high school exchange (where she met her friend Justine from the Hong Kong & Portugal entries) and visiting numerous times since then. We made our first visit to France in 2013 with another visit in 2014 and many more to come!
Tips for Paris:
- If you like running, check out these running routes around the city. For us it was a great way to see the landmarks on our own.
- Grab a crepe at a crepe stand in place of a meal – it’s delicious and you’ll save lots of $$.
- Avoid shopping on the Champs Elysees – the stores are mostly the same as what you’ll get in NYC or any major city and the prices are astronomical. Still do stroll the street for the experience though.
- Visit the Catacombs – it’s an incredible experience!
- For nightlife – go out in the Bastille – you can dance, drink, and grab yourself some tapas!
- Take a night time boat ride down the Seine from Vedettes de Pont Neuf for spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower
- Go to the Louvre on a Friday night at around dinner time – most people are tired from a long day of sightseeing and/or eating by then!
From Notre Dame we headed to the Louvre – in two separate Ubers since Paris is devoid of cars with 5 seats. We met up with Mom & Dad out front and found out that it had closed early… it being Christmas Eve and all. We went inside and checked the schedule for the next… Read more →
After some chill time at the flat we decided to venture over to Notre Dame Cathedral for Christmas Eve. Mom and Dad hopped in an uber while Brett, Kim, and I made our way by foot. After a quick pitstop for a nutella crepe in the Latin Quarter we were off to meet up with… Read more →
After about an hour and a half in line we made it to the entrance of the Catacombs of Paris. What are The Catacombs? Essentially a giant mausoleum – a large network of mines and tunnels lined with the bodies of millions (~6M) of Parisien dead. Super creepy, and cool. Only 200 people are allowed… Read more →
Note: This post is long overdue and from Christmas of 2014 – we’re posting all of these now with the correct dates so that they fall in chronological order. This year we spent Christmas in Paris and Brussels with the Keatings. First activity? A visit to the Catacombs of Paris. Mom and Dad weren’t feeling well so… Read more →
Somehow when we were really little Kim and I inherited two ornaments from The Mom. They’re old – magenta (mine) and green (Kim’s) ornaments. They were always our favorite ornaments to hang on the tree and we always did them at the same time. Over the years we have collected similar ornaments (huge ones Kim… Read more →
We arrived back at the flat for a quick shower and change and decided to spend a little time relaxing. We left the apartment a little before lunch time and planned to grab lunch in the Marais. We were pretty thirsty so we stopped at Starbucks (ha) to quench our thirst. From there we walked… Read more →
For our first morning in Paris, we decided to wake up and go on a run and see a lot of the tourist attractions (some of which we saw yesterday). We were both pretty tired, but still managed to wake up and run :). We took the metro from Justine’s apartment to the first location,… Read more →
After a 6 hour flight we landed in London at about 6:30 am. We had to catch a train to Paris and since we were a bit nervous about rush hour we decided to take a cab. Looking back, we definitely should have done anything other than taking a cab. Walking would have been better…. Read more →